Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days: Day 5

November 5, 2011

Today I am thankful for something really nerdy...my blog friends. I call them my friends but they don't know me. I read about, cry/laugh with, think about and pray for these women and their families. Some of them inspire me to be more organized, some to be more creative, some inspire me to be a better mom, a better wife, a better Christan. I love to read about their families, their holiday traditions, and their recipes. I feel like I can kind of live out my fantasy of being a super cool stay at home mom through them. A mom who does cool things with her kids, always looks cute, is really handy with her camera and photoshop, and can remodel their home with ease.  I have learned so much from these ladies that don't even know I exist. I think maybe that's what makes our "friendship" so awesome because I can't screw it up by saying something dumb or forgetting to call. Randy gets kinda frustrated with me because I talk about them like I have known them all my life. I tell him funny stories about their kids and sad things that happen to them. He says I need to get out more. I genuinely look forward to opening up my google reader in the mornings and "visiting" with my girls. Like I said kinda nerdy and depressing but I don't care. I hope one day someone will use my blog to have a fake friend but it will probably help if I worked on it a little more...  I will leave you with links to just a few of my favorites but I have tons more if you are interested in them...Also I would love to meet your "friends" if I haven't already so please feel free to leave me some links to check out.

ashleyannphotography.com/blog
www.joyshope.com
thedillspiel.blogspot.com
www.dana-made-it.com
iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com
www.lifeingraceblog.com
www.momtog.com
www.spearmintbaby.com
thebloggess.com
movingmustaches.tumblr.com  this one is my best friend in real life and she is a GREAT writer and so funny...love her...

Again this list is just the tip of my iceberg of blogs and hopefully one day I will figure out how to put my blog friends in the margins so you can just click but until then just use this...

Do you think that they will be scared if they find out I am stalking them....hope not....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nannie, You are not nerdie! This is such a sweet post. I too have met or "virtually" met so many amazing woman out in blog land. I just met another one right now and I'm commenting on her blog, you! I don't know a mom out there that doesn't have a bad hair day (you should see me now), whose house isn't always clean, and whose kids aren't always perfect. Don't be so hard on yourself. Have a great day and give your hubby and those adorable girls a big hug and a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon for the sweet comment. I have been following your blog for a while too. I am re-doing my daughters room and I have been going back and taking tips from Cam's re-do. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her light fixture and the painted ponies. I am so excited that you actually read my blog. My sister Rachael said because you commented on my blog I have "made" it. haha

    ReplyDelete